Application Deadline: 31/07/2018 or until filled
Posting Date: 03/07/2018
Posting Organization: Georgian Nurse Practitioner-Led Clinic (Barrie)
Georgian Nurse Practitioner-Led Clinic (NPLC) is seeking an Executive Director who will also be our Lead Nurse Practitioner.
Georgian NPLC is located in the Sadlon Centre of Health, Wellness and Sciences in Barrie Ontario. Barrie is one of Canada’s fastest growing cities with a historic downtown, expansive beach-lined waterfront, numerous restaurants and active nightlife. Our local hospital, the Royal Victoria Hospital, is affiliated with the University of Toronto, has a Family Practice Teaching Unit and continues to attract local specialists to the area.
The Executive Director – Nurse Practitioner Lead serves as the executive director responsible for providing leadership and direction for the day-to-day operations of the clinic. They work closely with the Administrative Lead.
The Executive Director will spend 70% of their working time in an executive role and 30% of their time as RN (EC) – carrying approximately 180 patients. The individual is expected to fulfill the duties and responsibilities of the Nurse Practitioner role description for the clinical component of this role. This distribution may shift after a review in 18 months’ time.
The Executive Director is the sole employee of the Board of Directors.
Role and Responsibilities:
As the Executive Director, you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Strategic Planning and Implementation
- Partnerships Development & Community Engagement
- Provincial and Local Health Initiatives
- Communications, Public Relations, and Marketing
- Risk Management and Compliance
- Directing Resource Management
- Providing Primary Care to 180 patients
You are a confident, capable leader who is highly independent and enjoys the daily challenge of juggling multiple priorities. You are organized, decisive and thoughtful and thrive in a team environment.
- Health care leadership/managerial experience – within Nurse Practitioner service models/projects preferred
- Primary health care experience within a Nurse Practitioner model preferred with 3-5 years related or applicable experience in a community, hospital or primary care setting
- Experience working with inter-professional health care teams and providing collaborative support
An accomplished health professional, you hold a current certificate as a Nurse Practitioner, are registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario, are a member of RNAO or NPAO, and ideally have a Master of Science in Nursing or other relevant Master’s degrees. You have experience leading staff teams and reporting to a volunteer board of directors. How to Apply Qualified applicants are invited to submit applications to email@example.com until July 31, 2018.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.